AZT:TSX-V: $ 0.26 CHANGE: -0.01    |    OTCQB: AZZTF: $ 0.20 CHANGE: 0.00    |    GOLD: US$ 1819.80 / OZ CHANGE: -3.63    |    COPPER: US$ 3.78 / LB CHANGE: 3.78

Core Assets


Aztec’s main asset and now controls 65% interest in the Cervantes porphyry gold-copper property in eastern Sonora, Mexico. Kootenay Silver controls the other 35%. Cervantes is a porphyry gold-copper prospect located 160.0 km east of Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico. It is well located within the Laramide porphyry belt approximately 265.0 km southeast of the huge Cananea porphyry copper-molybdenum mine of IMMSA and 55.0 km west of the Mulatos epithermal gold mine of Alamos. A series of high-level gold+/-copper bearing hydrothermal breccias and intrusives form a +6.0km long corridor of alteration and mineralization with large scale potential. This 3,650 hectare property is situated on private ranch lands accessed via dirt road from the town of Tonichi.


Aztec’s second asset is an option to acquire up to a 75% interest in the Tombstone Property in Arizona. The Tombstone Mining District, located 65 miles southeast of Tucson, Arizona and accessed by State Highway 80, is well known for its high grade, oxidized, carbonate replacement deposits (“CRD”) of silver-gold-lead mineralization hosted in veins, mantos, pipes and disseminated orebodies. The original silver discovery was in 1877 and historic production in the district from 1878 to 1939 is reported at 32 million ounces silver from 1.5 million tons averaging 21.3 ounces per ton, 240,000 ounces gold, 65 million pounds lead, 2.5 million pounds copper and 1.1 million pounds zinc.

The district is underlain by the same Paleozoic limestone sequence that hosts the massive Taylor zinc-silver-lead deposit of Arizona Mining Inc. located only 65 kilometers west of Tombstone. Arizona Mining is currently the subject of a friendly $1.8-billion takeover bid by South32.

Sign up for the latest news and updates